So December is finally here! Even though it has probably felt like Christmas already – with the Christmas Lights glowing at night in the neighbour hood, the Christmas Market already open, and the Holiday music in full effect on the radio.
With the Christmas tree going up this weekend, at our house – it makes me start thinking about all the movies I have ahead of me to watch! With that, here are my favourite Christmas Movies and Random Movie Scenes (that have to do with Christmas)
Lets Start With Holiday Christmas Movies and the famous quotes that we all know by heart:
- Christmas Vacation – Hands down, my favourite Christmas movie of all times “I don’t know what to say, but it’s Christmas and we’re all in misery.” — Ellen Griswold
- Home Alone 1 “Fuller! Go easy on the Pepsi!” – Leslie McMallister
- 2 (and let me say that this is the only time a sequel is better then the original) “Don’t you know a kid always wins against two idiots?” Kevin McCallister
- ELF – “The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.” Buddy
- 4 Christmases “You can’t spell families without lie” – Howard
- A Christmas Story – “You’ll shoot your eye out kid” – Santa at the Mall
- The Santa Clause – “Seeing isn’t believing. Believing is seeing” – Little Elf Judy
- Bad Santa – “Why don’t you wish in one hand, and shit in the other. See which one fills up first” – Willie
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas – “MAX. HELP ME… I’m FEELING – The Grinch
- The Holiday – A romantic Christmas movie with Jack Black, how can you ever go wrong?- “It’s Christmas Eve and we are going to go celebrate being young and being alive” – Miles
- Die Hard – For those readers out there that think this is a Christmas Movie – I don’t see the relationship between a movie taking place on Christmas and a movie about Santa – but i’ll throw it on my list for this year 🙂 – “Yippie-Ki-Yay, Motherfucker! – John McClane
Random Christmas Movie Scenes: (This is in no particular order – it is just the movies that came to my mind as I was writing down my list)
- Mean Girls – Jingle Bell Rock Singing and Dance Scene – even though this isn’t taken part during Christmas in the movie (its for a talent show) they are still dressed up in Santa outfits and are singing Christmas Songs. For this, they get a spot on my list!
- Batman Returns – Because his parents are killed on Christmas Day or Eve?? And because I am a huge fan of DC Comics – this movie has to be apart of my Random Christmas Movie Scene List
- Just Friends – when Ryan Renyolds, returns to his hometown for Christmas and running into an old friend from high- school
- Sleepless in Seattle – This movie starts with a Christmas Eve dinner and a Christmas Eve wish, what could be better then starting a movie off with a festive spirit.
- While you Were Sleeping – Okay so Sandra Bullock may pretend like she is engaged to Bill Pullman, but who hasn’t made up a relationship? Just Kidding! But this romantic comedy makes the list because she meets the man of her dreams on Christmas, while he is being mugged on the subway platform – but I am not going to give away the whole movie – you have to watch it for yourself 🙂
- Reindeer Games – Give me Ben Affleck and Charlize Theron in a movie named after an animal I would love as a pet, a good old fashion casino robbery on Christmas Eve and you got yourself a spot on my Random Christmas Movie Scenes!
- Grumpy Old Men – I remember watching this movie when I was a kid, and now as I am older I understand the humour of this movie, these two men are old, grumpy and mean to each other (always playing mean tricks on each other) but at the end of the day they are best friends – think thats what a true friendship is all about, someone you can tease and play around with but have a real true love and respect for. Anyways, this movie makes my list because of the humour Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau play off each other in the movie – these two men have since passed away but will forever hold a place on my list for favourite actors (check out their IMDb list) – and this movie will always be a great comedy to watch on a cold winter day with a good cup of hot chocolate and even better company.
- Ernest Saves Christmas – Yes I know this is a whole movie based around Christmas, but I just couldn’t add it to my favourite Christmas movie list, because lets get serious Ernest Movies are all a little stupid – but this one is so cute, because he actually does something right and saves Christmas, so for that it makes this list!
- Trading Places – a true classic “riches to rags” and “rags to riches” movie with Eddie Murphy and Dan Anyroyd, if you haven’t seen the movie – go see it!!
- Love Actually – I didn’t know where to put this movie, cause its such a sweet romantic holiday comedy – show casing 4 couples around the holiday season and the love they have for each other. Grab a blanket and a parter and watch this sweet movie this holiday season!
HAPPY DECEMBER 1st EVERYONE – TIME TO NOW TRULY GET IN THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT!!