We all recognize the Golden Arches of McDonalds, in fact more kids recognize these then they do the Cross.
I watched an Insiders Show on McDonalds and I wanted to share the fun facts!!
1. Opened up in 1955 and a Big Mac was only 15 CENTS!! – Total Sales on the First Day-$366.12
2. 25 Million people visit McDonalds daily (in the United States)
3. There are 34,000 restaurants in 118 countries
4. 9 Million pounds French Fries in a year are sold – that’s the weight of 900 elephants!
5. The BIG 5 (account for 25% of their total sales)
* Big Mac
* Quarter Pounder
* French Fries
* Chicken Nuggets
6. They spend 9 Billion$$ a year for groceries
* 43 MILLION POUNDS of tomatoes
* 102 MILLION POUNDS of lettuce
* 231 MILLION POUNDS of cheese
7. McDonalds employees more people then the Army, Marine Core, and Air Force – COMBINED
* 1.4 million employees in Army, etc
* 1.8 million employees at McDonalds
8. 1 in 8 Americans have worked at McDonalds – and now 50% of employees who were hourly employees are now franchisee owners
9. Don Thompson is the CEO and President of McDonalds
10. It takes 9 months to 4 years to create a new menu option